- Child Support
- Post Decree Matters/Modifications
- Alimony/Spousal Support
Thomas R. Blondell began his legal practice in 1988 and moved to Lawrenceburg, Indiana, from Chicago in 2001. During his time in Chicago, Mr. Blondell lived and practiced in Chicago, Illinois, home to one of the largest civil and criminal court systems in the United States. He practiced and traveled throughout the state representing his diverse client base, which included local unions, small businesses, large corporations and individuals. He presented, briefed and argued cases before Administrative Law Courts, state courts, the Illinois Appellate and Supreme Courts, the U.S. Federal District Courts and the U.S. Supreme Court.
While in Chicago, Mr. Blondell was approved as an Administrative Law Judge in Cook County and was appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem, representing abused and neglected children in the child protection division of the Circuit Court of Cook County. Thom was also appointed by the Chief Judge of the Juvenile Division, Circuit Court of Cook County, as a public defender, representing indigent children.
In 2001, Thom accepted a position with a large Cincinnati-based law firm and relocated to Lawrenceburg, Indiana. He expanded his practice areas to include real estate, title insurance, real estate litigation, municipal and governmental law and tailored his practice to accommodate the needs common to the citizens of Dearborn County.
Mr. Blondell has a broad-range of experience in litigation. Thom practices in family law, including all domestic relations matters as well as custody-related matters in juvenile court. He also litigates issues of property, child support, parenting time and post-decree matters. In addition to his general litigation work, Mr. Blondell is experienced in land use and zoning law and the complex legal issues associated with cities, villages and townships.
In 2008, Mr. Blondell joined Zerbe Zerbe & Garner, LLP, as a partner, and the name was changed to Zerbe Garner Miller & Blondell, LLP. Like his partners and associates, Mr. Blondell maintains a diverse legal background and his business background is quite helpful with handling his clients' unique legal issues.
Mr. Blondell serves on the Board of Directors of the Legal Volunteers of Southern Indiana. He has been a St. Lawrence School Commissioner, Habitat for Humanity officer, represented Dearborn County, Indiana, for many years, and is currently the attorney for the Ohio County Planning and Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
Mr. Blondell has also appeared as a guest speaker on local television and radio programs and lectured on a variety of topics.
- John Marshall Law School
- Millikin University
- Illinois, 1988
- Indiana, 2002
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Treasurer, Legal Volunteers of Southeastern Indiana, District 12
- City of Lawrenceburg Deputy Attorneys
- City of Lawrenceburg Planning & Zoning
- Board of Zoning Appeals Attorney
- Ohio County Planning & Zoning and Board of Zoning Appeals attorney
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Dearborn County Bar Association
- First Amendment Lawyers Association
- Dearborn County Chamber of Commerce
- The American Association for Justice